Featured Post

Purpose of this Blog

Welcome to my blog! I have initially created this blog for a course I am taking through Brigham Young University Idaho's online progra...

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Week 3 - Traditional Marriage

“Marriage arose in the nature of things to meet a vital need: ensuring that children are conceived by a mother and father committed to raising them in the stable conditions of a lifelong relationship” – 576 U.S. _ (2015) p. 5
Ah. Marriage. To be honest, I did not really consider the significance of marriage until I was a teenager. As a child I did have the typical daydreams of one day marrying my 4th grade crush but I did not consider the impact of marriage. The whole ordeal about folks with a same-sex attraction did not cross my mind until I was about thirteen years old when I realized Mr. Smithers from the Simpsons cartoon was in love with Mr. Burns.
Image result for mr smithers mr burns"
Some may consider me oblivious, sheltered, or even naïve, I don’t care. Call me what you want. However, I was raised to be a thinker and to stand up for what I believe in. Even though my parents divorced, I am still a strong advocate for traditional marriage. I have friends and relatives with successful marriages as excellent examples for me to strive for once I get married someday.
Back in 2014, Russell M. Nelson, who is now the current President, also known as the Prophet, of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has said the following regarding the importance of marriage, “Male and female are created for what they can do and become, together. It takes a man and a woman to bring a child into the world. Mothers and fathers are not interchangeable. Men and women are distinct and complementary. Children deserve a chance to grow up with both a mom and a dad.”
I feel really strongly about the fact that every child deserves a chance to grow up with both a mom and a dad. I can definitely feel my dad should have been more present in my life. Fortunately, my mom did manage to raise me to be a decent human being. I know how to cook, clean, and manage my finances responsibly. I have also developed good work ethics, be honest in all that I do, and be diligent on any task I am supposed to do. I am sure if my dad actually took over the role of the father, my mom would have had a much easier time raising me and my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment